A powerful file manager for the GNOME desktop environment
New Release: v1.2.1
17 October 2006
The GNOME Commander team is proud to announce the stable release of
GNOME Commander: 1.2.1.
There has now been some work done in the unstable 1.3 branch, where some
things, like the start of supporting metatags in the advanced renaming
tool, has made its way into this 1.2.1 release. Some bugs has of course
also been fixed. You find tarballs at our downloadpage.
What’s new since 1.2.0
- Support for archives (gz, bz2, zip, lha, rar, jar, 7-zip, zoo, deb, rpm)
via FileRoller plugin.
- New python-like indices for advanced file rename templates.
- Support for Exif and IPTC metags in advanced file rename templates (
- Fast access to advrename template placeholders, like the above metatags.
- In-place file rename (
- Revamped application menus.
- Saving window state across sessions.
- “Find” feature for internal viewer.
- New icon for internal viewer.
- Updated help docs.
- New or updated translations: ca, cs, de, el, en_GB, es, eu, fi,
hu, it, ne, ru, sv, vi.
- New key binding:
CTRL+SHIFT+H Toggle hidden files on/off.
For a brief list of fixed bugs since last stable release, see the Release news.
To top of page